Eat a rainbow of raw nutritious vegetables cut into strips or bite size pieces.
Crudités are the perfect way to ensure your body gets a variety of different phytonutrients (natural compounds in plants) essential for promoting and maintaining a healthy body and brain. Here are some ideas on which vegetables to use and a home-made dip to accompany them. Serve as an appetiser or a healthy lunch. Kids are more likely to eat vegetables if they are presented in an array of colourful, bite-size pieces that they can have fun dunking into a dip.
Here are ideas on vegetables that work well:
Sliced bell peppers
Here is a healthy and easy to make dip for your crudités:
Garlic and herb
- Plain cottage cheese or cream cheese (Preferably organic hormone free cheese.)
- Garlic flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Stir the seasoning into your cottage or cream cheese for a yummy garlic and herb dip.
Latest posts by Roseway Waldorf (see all)
- Inclusive Education & The Social Mission of Waldorf Schools - 20/02/2018
- The Rose Ceremony – First day of school welcoming traditions. - 25/01/2018
- Understanding Eurythmy in the Classroom - 13/09/2017