When your kids want something sweet in their lunch box, these are the perfect solution for a healthy snack on the go. Packed with filling muesli, delicious spices, and prunes and honey for sweetness, these crunchy balls are a winner.
You will need:
- 2 1/2 cups nut-free toasted muesli
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 50g butter, melted, cooled
Process 2 cups muesli, prunes, honey, mixed spice and butter in a food processor until well combined.
Place remaining muesli on a plate. Using 1 level tablespoon of prune mixture at a time, roll into a ball, then roll in remaining muesli to coat. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
Store muesli balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Latest posts by Angelique Laaks (see all)
- Embracing Art in a Waldorf School - 13/04/2017
- Unfolding Creative Concepts in Art and Science - 12/04/2017
- Understanding Waldorf – Why Choose A Steiner School? - 20/03/2017